Government of India started various Government development schemes not to increase profits but to maximize the welfare of the people. Some plans such as the National Rural Livelihoods Mission, MGNREGA, Bharat Nirman, etc. Are started for the rural development of India.
Below is some important scheme that was launch by government during the last few years
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Yojna:
- This is a skills development scheme linked to placement for young people from poor rural areas.
- It was launched on September 25, 2014 by the ministers of the Union Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion of the 98th anniversary of the birth of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- Its objective is to address young people, under 15 to 35 years old.
- A total of 52,000 candidates have been qualified in this program until 2014-15.
Roshni: Tribal skills development scheme:
- On June 7, 2013, the Ministry of Rural Development launched a new skills development scheme designed to offer employment to tribal youth in 24 districts affected by Naxal.
- The scheme, which is called Roshni, must provide training and employment to an estimated 50000 young people in the age group of 10 to 35 years, for a period of three years.
- According to the Ministry, 50 percent of the beneficiaries of the plan will be for women only.
- The scheme is designed in light of the Himayat project model, which was launched in Jammu and Kashmir was implemented in Sukma, Chhattisgarh and West Singhbhum, Jharkand, in pilot form for the past 18 months.
Mission of Swachchh Bharat:
- Prime Minister launched the Swachh Bharat Mission on the anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, 2014.
- The concept of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is to facilitate access for all people to sanitation facilities, including toilets, village cleaning and adequate drinking water supply.
- An action plan has been developed for Swachh Bharat to become a reality by 2019, the 150th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The mission aims to increase the number of toilet from the current 3% to 10% by 2019.
Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna:
- This program was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the anniversary of the birth of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan on October 11, 2014.
- The Ministry of Rural Development will be the supervising authority of this program.
- Under this program, each Member of Parliament will assume responsibility for the development of physical and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019.